Monday, May 17, 2010

And so I begin...

Hi there and welcome to my blog. My name is Liz and I am mother to a very feisty, almost 9 months old baby boy, Jasper. I have started this blog with the aim of sharing my journey into vegan motherhood with you. I intend to share recipes we like, products we use, causes we care about, books and movies we love, as well as information I find useful to help my family live a healthy, cruelty free lifestyle. I think it is important to have respect for all living beings and to find ways to reduce your footprint on our planet.

So a bit about me, I was born in Sydney, Australia where I currently reside. Most of my career has been spent working as an actor, a singer/songwriter, a writer and a freelance journalist and now a full time mum. I do writing when I can fit it in, a bit of editing here and there and the occasional interview.

I had a regular column with Vegan Voice Magazine and have also written for Natural Health and Vegetarian life. As well as articles on veganism/animal rights/women's rights and short stories for other magazines. I have a degree in communications, spent 3 years at acting school, have travelled and have worked in almost every type of job imaginable. I have a wonderful husband, two cheeky cats - Virgil and Karma, my gorgeous boy Jasper and a house full of bulging bookcases.

I intend to post as often as possible, to post loads of photos of yummy food and if you aren't vegan, to inspire you to give it a go. It really is the most peaceful, rewarding, healthy and compassionate way you can live your life, as it isn't just a diet but a lifestyle. I look forward to sharing my stories with you and to hearing yours.

Enjoy

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment